Capabilities → Narrative and game design
Narrative and game design
We create computer games and game simulators for stationary and mobile devices. We develop a common story, plot, dynamics, technologies, design requirements and principles of user interaction with game mechanics.
Man has used stories since the beginning of civilization as a way to communicate, entertain, reflect emotions and share experiences. Storytelling design is commonly used to reflect the customer experience in the design process. From the very beginning of creating a digital product, our screenwriter and game designer has been developing a common story, plots, dynamics, technology, design requirements and principles of user interaction with game mechanics.
Our experts can show the difference between a rushed storyline tied to the gameplay and a story driven by mechanics that grab the attention of the target audience. With us, you can realize your vision of the game using narrative design techniques.
The narrative design process defines the structure of the game's plot and the underlying emotional elements, including theme, plot, characters, and dialogue. The global adaptation of narrative design ensures that the emotional core of the story and character resonates with the player.
Our narrative design services include:
- Peace building.
- Description of various game mechanics and laws.
- Creation of development history, music and sound effects.
- Character design and development.
- Writing a script, working out dialogues.
- Quest development, level design.
When done right, a narrative design can create the high level of immersion that users love.
The games market is a fast growing sector where millions of people buy games and make in-game purchases every day. Digital Pattern employees play and develop video games themselves. Most of our projects in the portfolio contain game mechanics in one form or another, so creating games and simulations is one of our key areas. We develop intelligent games, without embedded ads, that educate and develop players.
We develop games for all types of gaming platforms - personal computers, game consoles and mobile devices based on the main operating systems Android, iOS and Windows. Development is carried out in the most popular game engines Unity 3D and Unreal Engine.
Game Development at Digital Pattern
The tasks of our Game Development department include the creation of not just a part of the game, but an entire turnkey project. For this we have software, experienced professionals who can completely make the game in 2D and 3D graphics for PCs, smartphones and tablets.
Additionally, we will help you integrate analytics and key data collection systems, create a developer account, and help publish software in Google Play and AppStore stores. If you wish, we will show you the ways to promote your software product, tell you how to attract new users.
- Commercial cases are our main area of work. The main goal of such orders is to make a profit by selling games. Before the release of the program, we conduct market analysis and determine the target audience. Legal organizations and private investors can participate in financing the creation of the game and in the future receive a profit in the form of a percentage of sales. To protect the investments of project participants, SPE (special purpose entity) are used - special purpose companies created for the implementation of a specific project
- Marketing projects - help to increase product value, brand loyalty, and increase the number of consumers. To do this, we need to first analyze the target audience and collect analytics.
We have experience in creating simulators and games in both categories, we also release our projects that contain a game component.
General stages of game development:
- Planning (requirements analysis, budget, target audience, platform, etc.)
- Production preparation (storyboarding, storytelling, early prototyping, planning)
- Manufacturing (modeling, design, audio, visual effects, physics, mechanics, development, rendering)
- Testing (identifying bugs, using features, focus group tests, analyzing player experience)
- Pre-launch (alpha / beta releases, marketing and advertising)
- Launch (final acceptance testing and release)
We develop educational 3D simulators using augmented and virtual reality for training technical and engineering personnel. If necessary, we will help to create a reconstruction of an emergency situation in order to conduct professional root-cause analysis.
We create sound accompaniment for software products, work with sound (processing, mixing).
We create three-dimensional objects created by nature and man - animals, insects, plants, industrial machines, equipment, production facilities. This allows you to effectively demonstrate the macro, micro and nano levels of device and interaction. We also create digital 2D and 3D characters in realistic and cartoon form.
We develop software for small and medium projects, as well as software for various mobile devices: multifunctional applications, games, educational and entertainment applications.
We create complex and simple information systems. Full cycle of design and development. We design user interfaces, the logical structure of the site, think over and improve user experience.